What restrictions does the city place on noise?
Unreasonable noise is prohibited under Section 6-1-21 of the Municipal Code and includes any noise that unreasonably annoys, injures, or endangers the comfort, health, peace or safety of others. Excessive car stereo volume is considered unreasonable noise. Violators of the ordinance can be fined. To report a noise issue, please call the Police Department at 252-5200.

Show All Answers

1. What restrictions does the city place on noise?
2. Can garage sale signs be posted on utility poles in the city?
3. Are residents required to have house numbers displayed on their home?
4. Does the City code allow inoperable or junk vehicles with expired plates to be parked on City streets?
5. Do the City's weed control regulations apply to vacant land?
6. Can trailers or recreational vehicles be parked on City streets?
7. What can be done to stop illegal dumping?
8. Does the city code allow junk, including wrecked or inoperable vehicles, to be kept on residential properties/yards?