Who is responsible for maintaining traffic signals?

The City of Montrose maintains the traffic signals at Main/Park and Main/Nevada. To report malfunctioning lights at these locations, please call the City of Montrose at 970-240-1442.

All other street lights within the City of Montrose are maintained by the Colorado Department of Transportation. If a traffic signal is malfunctioning and causing a dangerous situation, please call the Colorado State Patrol at 970-249-4392. For all other questions regarding traffic signal operations, such as light synchronization or timing, please call the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) Region 3 office at 970-243-2368.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report potholes and other public works issues?
2. Who is responsible for maintaining street lights?
3. When will the city plow the snow on my street?
4. Who is responsible for maintaining traffic signals?
5. How does the sidewalk replacement program work and who can participate?
6. How do we get the city to grade an alley that is rutted or damaged by construction activities?
7. How do I obtain an excavation permit to work in the city's right of way?
8. How can I request street sweeping services for my street?
9. How to I report a blocked storm drain?