- Park Avenue Closure. Park Avenue south of Main Street will be closed to through traffic starting Monday 7/23 and remain closed for approximately two weeks to allow for the roadway to be milled and re-paved. Local residences and businesses located along South Park will still be allowed access. The City asks that residents do not park on Park Avenue throughout this period.
- Niagara Waterline Work. Waterline construction on Niagara Road should be complete by the end of the week and Niagara temporarily re-opened to two way traffic. Following the completion of Park Avenue, Niagara will then be milled and re-paved between Hillcrest and Townsend resulting in one last closure.
- Slurry Seal. For the roads that were chip sealed approximately one month ago, these areas will now receive the final step of the cape seal process with a slurry-seal micro-surface coating. The tentative schedule is as follows:
- Sunday 7/22: Rio-Grande Avenue,
- Monday 7/23: North 4th, North 9th, Ute Ave, Ouray Drive, White House Drive, Margo Court
The slurry seal material will take approximately 6 hours to cure during which time the material cannot be driven or walked over. Affected residents and businesses will receive flyers with at least 24 hours’ notice and have cones indicating where parking is not allowed. The schedule for the remainder of the week will be released as soon as it is made available to the City.
We appreciate everyone’s patience as we continue to improve our streets. Any questions regarding the projects may be directed to Scott Murphy at (970) 901-1792