Mission: Transform Montrose into a compelling destination for business. Our focus is on the revitalization of the famed Uncompahgre River corridor in Montrose, Colorado. Our goal is to provide the region with three things:
- A desirable location for business relocation and commercial enterprise, bringing skilled jobs;
- A restored and enhanced river for the benefit of our community;
- Quality, workforce housing for local residents.
Mayfly Outdoors, a leading manufacturer of the high-performance, precision fishing tackle brands Abel® and Ross Reels®, is one of the first occupants of this outdoor industry and enthusiast center and the first to break ground with its state-of-the-art, 41,000 square foot headquarters.
The Western Slope is a central economic engine for Colorado’s outdoor recreation economy. One of our main strategies is to recruit and expand primary jobs within the outdoor industry to Montrose.
- 71% of Colorado residents participate in outdoor recreation each year.
- $2.19 billion is spent each year on outdoor recreation on the Western Slope & 241 outdoor businesses currently call the region home.*
- Camping, trail sports, and fishing are the most popular outdoor activities.
*Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) statistics from Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District.
See the Montrose Opportunity Zone Prospectus for additional project modeling details.
Learn more about investing with us in the Pearl Fund.