Montrose U Leadership
Because the quality of a community depends on the capability of its leaders.
Montrose U Leadership Class creates a legion of leaders who understand Montrose's past and present and intend to fully participate in its future. Alumni are prepared to confidently meet existing challenges through the development of:
- Solution-based leadership competencies
- Abilities to broker difficult interactions
- Lead organizations skillfully
Interested in participating in a future class?
Kate Adams, DART Coordinator
As a class participant you can expect to:
- Learn the Uncompahgre Valley's history including the leadership, vision, and compromises required for us to be the community we are today
- Gain knowledge of your own leadership style and how to work with other leadership styles for the good of the community
- Meet local government leaders including City Council, County Commissioners, your state representative and senator, and others who serve in many capacities
- Gain an education about local challenges and accomplishments from education, healthcare, water rights, agriculture, manufacturing, and others
- Know the election process and what it takes to run for office
- Learn Robert's Rules and the responsibility of serving on a board of directors
- Have the knowledge to be a director or person who answers to a board of directors
- Know your own passions and what opportunities exist to serve our community that fit within your wheelhouse
- Be able to mentor the next leadership classes in Montrose
- Learn about our tax base, such as Tabor, Gallagher, and Amendment 23, and be able to explain the tax base to others
Schedule for 2020/2021 Program
- RETREAT: Thursday, October 8, 2020, 5:30-8:00 p.m.
- RETREAT: Friday, October 9, 2020, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, October 23, 2020, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, November 20, 2020, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, December 11, 2020, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, January 22, 2021, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- TENTATIVE LEGISLATIVE TRIP TO DENVER: Wednesday, Feb. 24 - Friday, Feb. 26, 2021
- Friday, March 26, 2021, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 23, 2021, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- GRADUATION: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 1:30-8 p.m.