Events Help Promote Community
Special events are an important foundation of all communities. They serve to build a sense of community, reveal and enhance the local character, and create and develop a sense of place by highlighting what’s unique and special about the area.
Special events also align with the OBT's dual mission to increase tourism traffic while boosting retail sales. The OBT wants all events to be successful and encourages all event planners to engage its support for their events.
OBT Event Promotion Resources
- Calendar and Digital Kiosks - Submit Your Event & Graphics
- Broadcast - List Your Event on Montrose TV
- Promotional Materials - Request Swag
Montrose has a variety of meeting spaces, sites, and venues available for events of various sizes and needs.
- Montrose Rotary Amphitheater
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites
- Montrose County Fairgrounds and Event Center
- Montrose Pavilion Event Center
- Museum of the Mountain West
- Turn of the Century
- Ute Indian Museum
Other City Facilities and Events-Related Services
The following are administered by the City Clerk's Office:
- Park Shelter Reservations
- Lion's Clubhouse Reservations
- Event Use Permits
- Parades and Street Closures
- Events at other city venues
- Special Event Liquor Permits
Share Your Expertise
Are you familiar with resources, information, or support organizations that other event organizers may find useful? Please share this information with us so that we can improve this resource and help other event planners.