Montrose Bucks Program
What is the Montrose Bucks program all about?
Montrose Bucks are a local tradition coordinated by the Office of Business and Tourism to provide extra incentives for the community to shop locally and support local merchants. Bucks can be given as gifts, rewards, and incentives by individuals and businesses alike - year-round.
Here’s what you need to know:
- It’s year-round! While we still run the annual holiday ’Bucks’ promotion, this is a gift card program to support local shops, restaurants, and businesses year-round.
- No more paper bucks! Montrose Bucks gift cards are the same size, shape, and weight as a standard debit/credit card, and function as any other gift card when used at any participating business.
- No expiration dates! Funds do not expire with this program.
- Where to get the Montrose Bucks card: Bucks cards are available at the Downtown Visitor Center (107 S. Cascade Ave.)
Montrose Bucks Holiday Promotion
Each year the Montrose Office of Business and Tourism gives an extra incentive to shop local through its annual Montrose Bucks Holiday Promotion. During the promotion, Montrose Bucks purchasers get an extra $20 for every $100 of Montrose Bucks that they buy.*
The annual Montrose Bucks holiday promotion began on Saturday, November 25. The 2023 allotment of special promotional Bucks is SOLD OUT! Thanks to everyone who took advantage of this annual promotion. For those who missed out, regularly-priced, dollar-for-dollar Bucks are available year-round at the Downtown Visitor Center.
Info for Purchasers
- Montrose Bucks function like a store or chain-specific gift card.
- Cards can be used at participating businesses. Look for the Montrose Bucks window cling or program poster on the storefront.
- Keep track of your card balance. Purchase amounts that exceed a card’s remaining balance will be rejected. Businesses may accept partial payment with cash, supplemented by the remaining balance on the card.
- Cards cannot be "recharged" and are not redeemable for cash
Info for Businesses
- The Montrose Bucks program is crafted to improve the user and business-side experience.
- No fees! This program is offered at zero cost to all businesses that sign up.
- It’s easy! No more expiration dates to verify. Transactions will process the same as with any gift card and within the remaining balance on the card.
- Sign up to participate. Add your business to the list of Montrose merchants that accept Montrose Bucks gift cards. Complete a simple registration form to get the process started. Note: To participate, your business must already have an existing credit card processing system (example: Square).
- Let Montrose shoppers know that you participate in the program by prominently displaying your Montrose Bucks window cling and/or program poster.
Have questions about the program? - Reach out to us via email.
*Montrose Bucks Gift Card Program is issued by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC