- City Government
- Youth Council
City of Montrose Youth Council
The Montrose Youth Council was established by the Montrose City Council to encourage greater youth participation in the city’s government and is charged with actively advising City Council with thoughtful recommendations on issues concerning youth and assisting city staff in considering youth perspectives in its planning efforts. The goals and structure of the Youth Council are outlined in the Youth Council Manual. Members are selected near the beginning of each school year from a pool of applicants.
Interested in being on the Youth Council? Apply online or download the application.
Fun @ the Fieldhouse Event
The specific goals of the Youth Council program are:
- To provide an opportunity for the youth of this community to acquire greater knowledge and appreciation for the American political system through active participation in that system.
- To help the Montrose City Council to solve the problems and accomplish the goals of this community by working directly with the representatives of the youth.
- To serve the youth of this community by:
- Informing the city government of the needs and wishes of the youth.
- Planning and implementing social, educational, cultural, athletic, and recreational activities for the youth.
- Working with the Montrose City Council, Montrose County School District, and other local organizations to provide new opportunities for Montrose youth.
The Youth Council meets every Wednesday at 3 p.m. at a local coffee shop.
Youth Council Members
- Hunter Barton
- Sydney Bell
- Ciana Beller
- Caitlin Dovey @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Grace Hotsenpiller
- Maggie Ellen Kusar
- Shilo Warthen @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>