Off-Leash Dog Area / Park
The Montrose Dog Park is located on the north end of Cerise Park. It is within easy walking distance along the Uncompahgre River Recreation Trail, both from the West Main Trailhead and from the parking area in Cerise Park off of Shane's Way.
The overall 4.25-acre park has a mix of wildland and turf areas for people to recreate and exercise their dogs. Within the fenced park perimeter are separate fenced areas, one for small dogs and another for large dogs. There are entryways or calming areas where handlers can unleash their dogs before letting them go into the main fenced area.
Soft-surface trails meander for about a quarter-mile through the forested area of the park. At the dog park’s south entrance off of the Cerise Park parking area, there is a water fountain for people and pets. Other amenities include benches and picnic tables, trash cans, and dog bag dispensers so owners can pick up after their pets.
The park is open from sunrise to sunset. All pets must be on-leash until within the off-leash area.
Off-Leash Dog Area Rules
Users of this facility do so at their own risk.
The City of Montrose is not liable for any injury, illness, or damage caused by any dog in the off-leash area.
The off-leash dog area is for dogs, their owners/custodians, and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed.
- Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior
- Puppies younger than four months old
- Female dogs in heat
- More than three dogs per owner/custodian
- Ensure that all dogs are licensed and vaccinated
- Current identification tags must be worn at all times
- Pick up after their pet
- Carry a leash for each dog at all times
- Control dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior and remove them from the park immediately
- Assume responsibility for all injuries and damage (personal & property) caused by dog[s] under their control
Hours of permitted use are from sunrise to sunset.
In case of emergency call 911. Report any violation of park rules by calling 249-9110.