Jury duty in Montrose requires one day of service. If you have received a juror summons, the law requires you to appear pursuant to said summons. If you are seated as a juror in Montrose Municipal Court, you will not be called again for at least one year. Please refer to this site and/or call 970-240-1428 the day before the jury trial to make certain the trial remains set and there has not been a change in the Court’s schedule. Refer to your summons for further instructions.
May I be excused from jury duty?
Jurors may be excused from service early only if they do not meet the minimum qualifications for jury service listed on the summons.
What are the minimum qualifications for jurors?
If all of the following statements listed below apply to you, you are qualified to serve as a Montrose Municipal Court juror:
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You are a resident of the City of Montrose.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You can read, speak, and understand the English language.
- You have not been empaneled as a juror for three days or more in the past twelve months.
- You do not have sole responsibility for the daily care of a permanently disabled person living in the same household, where your juror service would cause substantial risk of injury to the health of the disabled person.
- You do not have a physical or mental disability that would affect your ability to serve as a juror.
If any of these statements do not apply to you, please contact the Clerk of the Court at 970-240-1428. Please note, there are no occupational exemptions from jury duty and your employment is protected under the Colorado Revised Statutes section 13-71-134.
What are the courtroom rules?
Leave purses, backpacks, and cameras in your vehicle. No weapons are allowed in the courtroom. Please power down cell phones and remove hats and sunglasses.
Where do I park?
When you arrive for jury duty, please park in the corner lot of South 2nd Street and Cascade Avenue.