Regular Council Meetings & Work Sessions
- Work Sessions - 10 a.m. on the workday preceding the Council meeting
- Regular Meetings - First and Third Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
- Citizen Interactive Sessions - 9:00 – 9:50 a.m., preceding the second work session of the month
- Meetings take place in the City Council Chambers - 107 S. Cascade Avenue
- No formal action is taken at work sessions.
All meetings of the council are open to the public. Minutes of proceedings are kept for regular and special meetings. The council may, however, go into executive session upon the consent of a majority of the council present.
City Council meetings can be viewed live and on-demand via the city's Public Meetings Portal and on the city's YouTube channel. Meetings are also broadcast on Elevate channel 970 and Charter channel 191.
Agendas & Minutes
Meeting materials for the City Council and other city boards are posted regularly on the city's Public Meetings Portal. Residents who wish to receive email and text message notifications when new meeting materials are published can do so by creating an account on the Public Meetings Portal and selecting notifications that they wish to receive.
Meeting notices and agendas are also posted at the main entrance to City Hall.
Please see the City of Montrose Archive Center for meeting packets, agendas, and minutes for City Council meetings held prior to September 1, 2021. Archives of past work session packets and agendas are also available in the Archive Center.
Meeting minutes that are not available online can be requested from the City Clerk's Office.
Opportunities for Public Comment
- During Regular City Council Meetings –
- Public comment on non-agenda items is accepted at the beginning of each regular City Council meeting. Comments made during this time are limited to three minutes, should be addressed to the Council, and should pertain to matters of general importance to the city organization and its operations.
- Comments on agenda items during public comment for that specific agenda item.
- Written comments submitted via an online form by noon on the day of the regular City Council meeting will be compiled, posted via a link on the Public Portal, and included in the meeting packet. These comments will not be read aloud during the meeting. City Council may or may not respond to written comments received.
- Via Email – Comments can be emailed to City Councilors individually at the email addresses listed above or to all City Councilors.
- Citizen Interactive Sessions – Topics for discussion during the monthly Citizen Interactive Sessions can be submitted by completing an online form.
Special meetings may be called by the mayor or by any two council members. The city clerk will give notice to the public as practical prior to the meeting.
Citizen Information for Quasi-Judicial and Legislative Proceedings
Quasi-judicial and legislative proceedings function differently and must adhere to different procedures and accomplish various functions of our local government. A document explaining these procedures has been prepared for the public.