The City of Montrose offers an outstanding work environment by providing a positive, safe workplace, fair compensation and benefits, and solid training.
The Human Resources Department coordinates the selection, development, and retention of the city's workforce and salary and benefit administration. The department also oversees the city's
Property and liability claims management and Worker's Compensation.
Applications are only accepted for open positions. The city does not hold unsolicited resumes or applications. Completed and signed city applications and accompanying resumes must be submitted by the closing date listed on the open position posting.
City of Montrose
Drop Off Application
City of Montrose
433 S. First St.
Each job opening is filled by using an applicant screening process that ensures that the applicants possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
The interview and selection process may include:
- Written tests to measure job-related knowledge or aptitude in a particular area.
- Oral interviews to discuss the applicant's job history and assess oral communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Performance tests to assess a candidate's ability to perform job-related tasks.
- Physical ability tests or medical examinations to assess a candidate's ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Some city positions may require an applicant to pass a pre-employment reference screen, criminal history check, or drug screen.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. The City of Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For public safety positions, polygraph examinations, psychological evaluations, medical evaluations, or background investigations may be used to assess a candidate's suitability.
Full-time employees are offered benefits including medical and dental insurance for employees and their eligible dependents. Life insurance and long-term disability benefits are available to eligible employees.
Vacation & Sick Leave
For full-time positions, the city offers vacation leave, sick leave, and holiday pay. Eligible part-time positions accrue pro-rated vacation and sick leave based upon hours worked. Temporary and seasonal positions are not eligible for vacation or sick leave benefits.
Two tax-deferred retirement programs are available.
Educational assistance is reimbursable for certain course expenses.