The Human Resources Department upholds the city's motto: "Quality of life is our commitment."
We offer employees an outstanding work environment by providing a positive, safe workplace, fair compensation and benefits, and solid training.
The Human Resources Department ensures effective selection, development, and retention of the city's workforce. This includes recruitment, testing and selection, salary and benefit administration, and policy and procedure development.
- Training programs
- Communications and employee relations
- Safety and loss-control programs
- Recognition and incentive programs
- Organizational development
- Employee counseling
- Compliance with federal and state employment guidelines
- Property and liability claims management
- Worker's compensation
433 S. First St.
P.O. Box 790
Montrose, CO 81402
HoursMonday - Thursday
7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Applications are only accepted for open positions. The city does not hold unsolicited resumes or applications. Completed and signed city applications and accompanying resumes must be submitted by the closing date listed on the open position posting.
City of Montrose
Drop Off Application in PersonCity of Montrose
433 S. First St.
Each job opening is filled by using an applicant screening process that ensures that the applicants possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
The interview and selection process may include:
- Written tests to measure job-related knowledge or aptitude in a particular area.
- Oral interviews to discuss applicant's job history and assess oral communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Performance tests to assess a candidate's ability to perform job-related tasks.
- Physical ability tests or medical examinations to assess a candidate's ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Some city positions may require an applicant to pass a pre-employment reference screen, criminal history check, or drug screen.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. The City of Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For public safety positions, polygraph examinations, psychological evaluations, medical evaluations, or background investigations may be used to assess a candidate's suitability.
Full-time employees are offered benefits including medical and dental insurance for employees and their eligible dependents. Life insurance and long-term disability benefits are available to eligible employees.
Vacation & Sick Leave
For full-time positions, the city offers vacation leave, sick leave, and holiday pay. Eligible part-time positions accrue pro-rated vacation and sick leave based upon hours worked. Temporary and seasonal positions are not eligible for vacation or sick leave benefits.
Two tax-deferred retirement programs are available.
Educational assistance is reimbursable for certain course expenses.