Code Enforcement ensures compliance with city regulations and responds to citizen complaints.
The Code Enforcement Officer monitors the community for code violations involving weeds, nuisances, snow removal, signs, and other issues.
Code Enforcement appreciates citizens’ help in identifying problem areas and works to respond to all citizen contacts in a timely manner.
The "A Better Montrose" mobile app allows you to interact with the city 24/7. Use the app or the online reporting tool to report code enforcement and public works issues, share ideas, and find helpful maps and information about your community.
Download the app or use the online reporting tool at CityofMontrose.org/ABM.
Municipal Code Sections
Information about common code enforcement issues are found in the following sections of the City of Montrose Municipal Code:
- Sign Code (Chapter 4-4)
- Distribution of Handbills / Flyers (Chapter 5-1)
- Litter and Junk (Chapter 6-3)
- Nuisances (Chapter 6-4)
- Weeds (Chapter 6-5)
- Sidewalk Maintenance (Chapter 9-1)
- Care of Trees, Shrubs, and Bushes (Chapter 9-3)
- Removal of Snow and/or Ice (Chapter 9-4)
- Private Use of Public Property (Chapter 9-8)
433 S 1st St.
P.O. Box 790
Montrose, CO 81402
Monday - Thursday
7 a.m. - 6 p.m.