Holiday: “Do You Hear What I Hear”
The City of Montrose sponsors and coordinates a full schedule of annual holiday activities. Every year, a different theme highlights the season. The 2017 theme of the Parade of Lights — is Do You Hear What I Hear? Participants are encouraged to build floats that depict their favorite Christmas carol. Go to VisitMontrose.com/Events to view a calendar of community events that are scheduled to occur throughout the year.
Annual Tree Lighting - Day after Thanksgiving: November 24 - 5:30 pm
Be dazzled as the festive tree lights up in front of the historic Montrose County Courthouse (320 South First Street). Enjoy a reading of T’was the Night before Christmas, sing carols with special guests, sip on complimentary hot cocoa, enjoy yummy hot dogs and keep toasty warm during the celebration thanks to the outdoor heaters! We’ll welcome Santa and Mrs. Claus to town and take a short walk with them as they open their cabin for the season (location TBD)! Brought to you by the City of Montrose, the Office of Business and Tourism, and Cherry Creek Radio. Go to VisitMontrose.com or call 970.497.8558 for details.
Parade of Lights - First Saturday in December: December 2 - 5:30 pm
The traditional Parade of Lights illuminates Historic Main Street. The 2017 grand marshal is the Montrose High School Marching Band. A fun, annual event designed to bring holiday cheer, the Parade of Lights is brought to you by the City of Montrose, Office of Business and Tourism, Montrose Police Department, Cherry Creek Radio, and Montrose Lions Club.
2017 Theme: Do You Hear What I Hear?
Go to VisitMontrose.com or call 970.497.8558 for details.
2017: Montrose High School Marching Band
Past Grand Marshals
- 2013: VFW Commander Randy Leonard, DAV Commander Gary Gratton, VFW Commander Hal Emick
- 2014: Office of Business and Tourism's TRAC Team (Tourism Retail Advisory Committee)
- 2015: Black Canyon National Park
- 2016: Public Lands Organizations (National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service, and Colorado Parks and Wildlife)
Past Parade Themes
- 2012: A Wild West Christmas
- 2013: 12 Days of Christmas
- 2014: Christmas Stories: Portray a holiday story from a favorite movie, book, or song
- 2015: Starry Nights, Holiday Delights (honoring Black Canyon National Park certification as International Dark Sky Park)
- 2016: Winter, Land of Wonder