Dave Bowman has lived in Montrose over thirty years. While mainly working for Re‐1J as a special education teacher he has been active in coaching a variety of sports for the schools and the recreation department. As an educator Dave was active as a member and leader in the Uncompahgre Valley Education Association.
In 1998 Dave opened Blue Sky Music, a Compact Disc store that also sold used vinyl, golf discs, and eventually books. As the recession took hold and downloads became the method to obtain music Bowman began producing concerts all over Montrose including Montrose Pavilion, Silverjack Mining Co., Smugglers, La Cabana at Sicilys, Canyon Creek Bed & Breakfast, Main In Motion, Turn of the Century Saloon, Montrose Elks Club, The Bridges, and finally founding his latest effort; Montrose Summer Music Series, 4 FREE concerts at Black Canyon Golf Course. To date Dave has produced and promoted over 120 shows in Montrose.
Through ten yearly benefit concerts at Montrose Pavilion Bowman raised close to $50,000 for Hospice and KVNF Community Radio. In 2015 he worked with over 20 local businesses to raise over $30,000 which was used to fund 4 FREE summer concerts drawing more than 3500 spectators to City owned Black Canyon Golf Course.
When Bowman is not out fund raising or working on his latest musical event he likes to travel, visiting his kids and grandkids, gardening, and enjoying the wonderful place that is Montrose.
Activities and organizations have included:
- Uncompahgre Valley Education Association, President
- 1990 School Bond Committee Co‐Chair
- 2003‐2008 Original Main In Motion Board – Musical Director
- 2004‐2013 Ten Benefit Concerts at Montrose Pavilion for Hospice & KVNF
- 2008 ‐2015 Volunteer DJ at KVNF Community Radio
- 2011 Montrose Musicians Day Festival at Canyon Creek Bed & Breakfast
- 2012‐2013 Montrose Musicians Day Festival outside at the Elks
- 2014 – 2015 Oktoberfest Organizing Committee
- 2015 Montrose Summer Music Series – 4 FREE summer concerts at Black Canyon Golf Course
Dave's goal is to work with folks in and out of City government to continue the good things in Montrose and restore special event funding to enhance economic growth in Montrose.